Dear friend of Covered Law Enforcement,
Just last month I was contacted by a deputy’s wife after she discovered our website. She was excited to connect with us, and thrilled when she learned that I would be sending a ministry packet that included auto decals. She wrote:
“Awesome! My husband has many “thin blue line” stickers, but I love it with the red…covered by the blood! I was hoping you would have stickers we could put on our cars.”
I frequently receive messages like this. God is truly blessing this ministry, and I would like to share with you some of the successes for 2012. I also want to share my vision and projections for 2013. We are fulfilling the mission of promoting faith and solidarity among Christians in the law enforcement profession. We are also seeing lives changed through the live saving message of Jesus Christ. Thank you for your continued prayers and support! This ministry would not be successful without you!
Join me in celebrating the following successes for 2012:
· In February CLE board members Sgt. James Bradford and FTO Clay Tolson accompanied me to the Below 100 training in Atlanta. We subsequently partnered with this initiative from Law Officer Magazine to reduce line of duty deaths through the distribution of postcards. Last year saw a 26% reduction in line of duty deaths.
· In February I spoke at Lighthouse Tabernacle Church of God on Long Island, NY. The church partnered to support the ministry. While there, I had the privilege of personally meeting and partnering with Brother Al Castro (former NYPD) of God’s Shield of Protection Police Officer’s Ministry.
· In March we partnered with Lifeway Christian Stores, and received over 150 Bibles for the purpose of distribution to officers and families.
· In July we received the IRS determination letter establishing Covered Law Enforcement as a tax exempt organization.
· We introduced the very popular “Police Line Up Before the Cross” t-shirt design. This design is having a great impact, and it has been incorporated into the new web design.
· I was invited to speak at the Fellowship of Christian Peace Officers conference in September, which included a booth in the vendor hall, and fellowship with officers and other great ministries from across the nation.
· We partnered with the FBI National Academy class reunion for this region by providing a gift basket that included ministry materials, the Courageous movie DVD, and other great resources.
Vision and goals for 2013:
· January 7-9 – I spoke at First Assembly DeLand (FL), and God moved in powerful ways. The church is a strong supporter of military and law enforcement, and is partnering with us and several other great ministries.
· In February we will be partnering with the FCPO and Kristi Neace (Badge of Hope Ministries) for a police wives conference. We are assisting with online promotion, and providing several gift baskets as door prizes.
· We will be launching a focused ministry initiative addressing four key areas: faith, families, fitness, and finances. A series of blog posts over the course of the year will include guest writers with expertise in each of these areas. We will also revisit planning and participation in marriage conferences and financial seminars (similar to the Crown Financial Ministry course held in 2011). The goal is a wholistic approach to meeting the needs faced by law enforcement families.
· Expand our web presence to directly impact 1,000 Facebook fans and blog followers through various social media marketing campaigns. Because of the way social media works, the more we reach, the exponentially more visible our message becomes. I want every dispatcher and law enforcement officer in the nation to be exposed to the message of salvation and healing through Jesus Christ.
· Develop key partnerships with at least five (5) other local churches for the purpose of prayer and financial support, and for resourcing them to reach their communities.
· Raise $1,500 in order to scholarship at least three (3) couples to attend one of several marriage retreats held throughout the year, and to underwrite a biblically based financial training seminar.
· Raise $1,000 for wider distribution of print materials (ministry brochures, postcards, business cards, and window decals) to law enforcement agencies, churches, and individuals.
I am “writing the vision and making it plain,” and believing that God will do “exceedingly, abundantly more than we could ask or think.” As you read, please ask God to direct you about ways you can partner with us in this very vital ministry. I covet your prayers because we are in a spiritual battle for the souls of law enforcement officers. We also need your financial support, and please remember that all gifts are now tax-deductible.
Finally, word-of-mouth is the best advertising. Tell someone about the ministry of Covered Law Enforcement today. Join us on Facebook. Tell your church leadership about this great “Home Missions” initiative, and forward this information to at least one person.
I pray God’s richest blessings upon you in 2013. I hope to hear from you soon!
—Blessings, Jonathan Parker, Founder / President Covered Law Enforcement www.CoveredLawEnforcement.org www.facebook.com/CoveredLawEnforcement P.O. Box 4533 Cleveland, TN 37320-4533 “Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.” – Romans 4:7 (NKJV)